FRIENDS OF VIA
Is a 501 (c) 3 organization in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania which supports Via Foundation, an independent Czech foundation that is committed to community and philanthropy development in the Czech Republic. Friends of Via gives American donors an easy tax-deductible way to donate to Via Foundation and other Czech non-profit organizations.
Friends of Via supports Via Foundation in “Building the Future, One Community at a Time.”
For the past 23 years, Via Foundation has been supporting people and organizations which are changing Czech communities. Each year Via Foundation provides grants and learning opportunities to approximately 300 projects in Czech communities – like Dolní Podluží, where residents transformed a public space into a vibrant community place, or Rychnov nad Kněžnou, where teenagers put on a benefit event to raise money for young people with disabilities.
To make a donation to Via Foundation, please click here.
- Please join us on November 21, 2020 from 5 to 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time for our first online charitable auction. You can find the link to the live stream here. For more information, please see this flyer and invitation letter.
- We invite you to learn more about the projects and people Via supported last year in the 2019 Via Foundation Annual Report.
- The Via Bona Philanthropy Awards were held online this year. Meet the awardwinners here.
- The Czech and Slovak School of Pittsburgh is part of Via Foundation’s Young Philanthropists program. Read an interview on Radio Praha with Alice Zdrale, co-director of the Czech and Slovak School of Pittsburgh. You can also read more about how the students and parents from the school are helping in their own community in this article on the Via blog.
- Meet the enthusiastic children and young people who participated in Via’s 2019 Young Philanthropists program. Read more about how they learned to put on benefit events and experienced philanthropy first-hand here.
- Facebook users may also enjoy Via’s FB page “Come On, Local Community” which features articles about community development.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!