FRIENDS OF VIA
Is a 501 (c) 3 organization in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania which supports Via Foundation, an independent Czech foundation that is committed to community and philanthropy development in the Czech Republic. Friends of Via gives American donors an easy tax-deductible way to donate to Via Foundation and other Czech non-profit organizations.
Friends of Via supports Via Foundation in “Building the Future, One Community at a Time.”
For the past 22 years, Via Foundation has been supporting people and organizations which are changing Czech communities. Each year Via Foundation provides grants and learning opportunities to approximately 300 projects in Czech communities – like Dolní Podluží, where residents transformed a public space into a vibrant community place, or Rychnov nad Kněžnou, where teenagers put on a benefit event to raise money for young people with disabilities.
To make a donation to Via Foundation, please click here.
- 2019 was a record year at Via Foundation, with over 300 community project applications and grants awarded to 192 projects. Read more here.
- On the November 17, 2019 anniversary of the Velvet Revolution, Via Foundation considered the state of civic engagement in the Czech Republic 30 years after the fall of communisim, and what Via is doing to help people become more involved in their communities. Read more here.
- Thanks to Via’s donors and community-oriented citizens, towns and villages all over the Czech Republic are turning into “Living Communities”. We invite you to read about the most recently supported projects here.
- You may also enjoy this interview with community leaders fighting to save the Veleslavin chateau in Prague 6.
- We are excited that the Czech and Slovak School of Pittsburgh has joined our program for Young Philanthropists! Read an interview on Radio Praha with Alice Zdrale, co-director of the Czech and Slovak School of Pittsburgh. You can also read more about how the students and parents from the school are helping in their own community in this article on the Via blog.
- Meet the enthusiastic children and young people who participated in Via’s 2019 Young Philanthropists program. Read more about how they learned to put on benefit events and experienced philanthropy first-hand here.
- Facebook users may also enjoy Via’s FB page “Come On, Local Community” which features articles about community development.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!