FRIENDS OF VIA
Is a 501 (c) 3 organization in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania which supports Via Foundation, an independent Czech foundation that is committed to community and philanthropy development in the Czech Republic. Friends of Via gives American donors an easy tax-deductible way to donate to Via Foundation and other Czech non-profit organizations.
Friends of Via supports Via Foundation in “Building the Future, One Community at a Time.”
For the past 23 years, Via Foundation has been supporting people and organizations which are changing Czech communities. Each year Via Foundation provides grants and learning opportunities to approximately 300 projects in Czech communities – like Dolní Podluží, where residents transformed a public space into a vibrant community place, or Rychnov nad Kněžnou, where teenagers put on a benefit event to raise money for young people with disabilities.
To make a donation to Via Foundation, please click here.
- Engaging Youth in Czech Culture and Philanthropy, a recent article by FoV Board President Carol Hochman, sheds light on the history of volunteerism in Bohemia and Moravia.
- Read about musicians using their talent to help others through Via’s Young Philanthropists program.
- Young Philanthropists in Pittsburgh cleaned up the waterfront. Read more here: 1.Pomáhat je radost.
- The Czech Philharmonic played Beethoven and Bruch at a benefit concert to support overworked health care workers. Via organized a fundraising drive, which raised over $100,000 for psychosocial support for hospital workers; read more here.
- We invite you to read an interview with Zdenek Mihalco, Via’s director about the great wave of generosity generated by the pandemic and Via’s role in the current, and future, crises. It offers an insightful look at where philanthropy in the Czech Republic stands one year into the pandemic.
- The Czech and Slovak School of Pittsburgh is part of Via Foundation’s Young Philanthropists program. Read an interview on Radio Praha with Alice Zdrale, co-director of the Czech and Slovak School of Pittsburgh. You can also read more about how the students and parents from the school are helping in their own community in this article on the Via blog.
- Facebook users may also enjoy Via’s FB page “Come On, Local Community” which features articles about community development.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!